How to install carpet?
What to expect
Even if you have experience with do-it-yourself home improvement projects, carpet installation techniques are intensive and specialized.
Kelly's Carpet Omaha will coordinate your installation and provide you with the best-looking finished product in the shortest amount of time.
While you prepare for the arrival of your new carpet, read over our carpet installation guide to learn what to expect.
Before Carpet Installation
The day before your scheduled installation date, our customer care department will confirm your installation.
Be sure to clean clear your floors, as well as all of your closets up to waist level. Ensure that valuables, collectibles, small items, lamps and wall hangings are removed prior to your team's arrival.
We offer furniture moving services, which include most emptied furniture items. If you have any unusually large or heavy furniture, please alert your flooring specialist before installation day, as these may require an additional charge to move, depending on the item.
To prevent any accidental damage, please remove all electronics, such as televisions, audio equipment and computers. You will also want to arrange to have speciality items, including grandfather clocks, pool tables, large aquariums and pianos, moved ahead of time, as these are best handled by companies which specialize in moving these particular items.
If your carpet is stained with excessive pet odor or urine, our installation crew may not be able to remove it. You will have to have it removed separately prior to your installation date.
During Carpet Installation
On the morning of your installation, your installation crew will contact you between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m to provide an approximate arrival time.
If we discover any unforeseen issues while removing your existing floors, you'll be alerted immediately with an explanation of the issue and a potential remedy, including additional costs that may be necessary.
When your crew arrives, please have a member of the household (at least 18 years of age) review with them their work areas. Discuss any concealed supply lines or wiring to prevent damage. Electricity and running water must be present for professional installation.
If you'll be leaving during the installation process, please leave your contact information so we're able to reach you in the event of any issues.
If you have any pets, please leave them in a separate room or crate away from where the installation crew is working. The crew may have the door open to move supplies, and their tools can cause injury.
After Carpet Installation
- Carpet seams may be visible depending on the type and style of the carpet and the lighting in the room
- Not all vacuums are compatible with your carpet style and fiber. Consult with your flooring specialist for a list of recommended machines.
- Our installation crew will be very careful to avoid damaging walls and woodwork, but occasionally minor touch-ups are needed post-installation.
- We do not trim doors. Sometimes, your new floor covering will raise the total height of your flooring, and you may need to have the bottoms of some doors trimmed.
- Modern carpet fibers are softer than ever, and you may be able to see footprint patterns when you walk across a surface.
- Every phase of installation produces some amount of dust.
- You will be given an estimated time frame for your project, but please realize that it may take longer to ensure the best quality floors.