What to expect from your hardwood installation
Even if you're an experienced DIYer, hardwood flooring installation techniques are often intensive and specialized.
Kelly's Carpet Omaha will coordinate your hardwood installation and efficiently provide you with the best-looking floors in the shortest amount of time.
While waiting for the arrival of your new hardwood floors, please read over our hardwood installation guide to learn what to expect and how to prepare.
Before Hardwood Installation
The day before your scheduled installation date, our customer care department will contact you to confirm your installation.
Be sure to clear your floors and closets up to waist level. Ensure that your small items, valuables, collectibles, lamps and wall hangings are removed prior to your team's arrival.
We do offer furniture moving services, which include most furniture items once emptied. However, if you have any unusually large or heavy furniture, please alert your flooring specialist before installation day. These items may require an additional charge to move, depending on the item.
To prevent any accidental damage, please remove all electronics, including your televisions, audio equipment and computers. Please arrange to have your speciality items, including grandfather clocks, pool tables, large aquariums and pianos, moved ahead of time, as these are best handled by companies which specialize in moving these particular items.
During Hardwood Installation
Your installation crew will contact you on the morning of your installation between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m to inform you of their approximate arrival time.
You'll be alerted immediately of any unforeseen issues we encounter while removing your existing floors. We'll explain the issue and offer a potential remedy along with estimated additional costs that may be necessary.
Have a member of your household (at least 18 years of age) greet your crew and review with them their work areas when they arrive. Discuss any hidden wiring or supply lines in order to prevent damage. Your crew will need access to electricity and running water.
Please leave your contact information so your crew is able to reach you if any issues arise.
Please leave any pets in a separate room or crate away from where the installation crew is working. The crew may open doors to move supplies, and their tools can cause injury.
After Hardwood Installation
- Your installation crew will carefully avoid damage to walls and woodwork, but occasionally, minor touch-ups may be needed post-installation.
- We do not trim doors. Sometimes, your new floor covering will raise the total height of your flooring, and you may need to trim the bottoms of some doors.
- If your existing carpet is excessively saturated with pet odor or urine, your installation crew may not be able to remove it. You will have to have it removed separately prior to your installation date.
- Every installation phase creates some amount of dust.
- An estimated time frame for your project with be provided to you, but please realize that it may take longer to ensure the best quality finished product.