What to expect from tile flooring installation
You may have strong do-it-yourself experience when it comes to home renovations, but installing tile flooring can still be an intensive project for someone new to the process.
Not to worry - Kelly's Carpet Omaha will coordinate and execute your tile flooring installation for you, leaving you with the best-quality product when we're finished.
While you're waiting for your new tile flooring to arrive, please take the time to read through our tile installation guide. You'll learn what to expect from our crew and how to prepare your home.
Before Tile Installation
The day before your scheduled installation date, you will be contacted by our customer care department as a reminder of your scheduled date and time.
Before the team arrives please clear all floors and closets up to about waist level. Take the time to remove small items, valuables, collectibles, lamps and wall hangings, all of which could be damaged if left in the work area.
Kelly's Carpet Omaha offers a furniture removal service for most emptied furniture items. However, if you have unusually large or heavy furniture, please alert your flooring specialist before your scheduled installation date. We may require an additional charge, depending on the item.
Remove all electronics, including televisions, audio equipment and computers, that could be otherwise damaged during installation. Arrange for your speciality items including grandfather clocks, large aquariums, pool tables and pianos, to be moved separately ahead of time by a specialty company with specific training.
During Tile Installation
Your installation crew will get in touch with you the morning of your installation between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m. to make you aware of their estimated arrival time.
Any unforeseen issues we encounter while removing existing floors will be brought to your attention right away. Our crew will explain the issue and provide an estimation for any potential additional costs to remedy the issue.
Have an adult member of your household (18 years or older) greet your crew when they arrive. Be sure to review with them their work areas, hidden supply lines or wiring, and where to access electricity and running water.
Leave your contact information with the crew before leaving your home for any reason so that they can get in touch with you if necessary.
If you own pets, leave them in a separate room or crate away from the work areas to prevent escape through open doors or injury from our tools.
After Tile Installation
- Our crew will be careful to avoid damage to walls and woodwork, but minor post-installation touch-ups are needed every so often.
- There is a chance that your new floor covering may raise the height of your overall flooring and you'll need to trim the bottoms of some doors. We do not trim doors, so you will need to arrange to do so yourself.
- Since our installation crew may not be able to remove existing carpeting that is stained with excessive pet odor or urine, you may need to have it removed ahead of your scheduled installation date.
- Each phase of the tile installation process generates dust.
- You will get an estimated time frame for your project, but know that we may need longer to ensure that you receive the best quality floors.