Despite how common DIY home improvement projects are, carpet installation still requires a specialized skill. We recommend that you rely on the expertise of our professional certified installation team to ensure your satisfaction with the product for years to come. In order to make installing new carpet in your Omaha home as quick and painless as possible, we’ve listed a few things that you can do to prepare for the arrival of your new carpet.
Preparing for the installation
You can make sure things go smoothly on installation day by taking care of the following beforehand:
- Remove all breakable items like vases, lamps, collectibles, and heirlooms
- Detach and store wiring from TVs, VCR/DVD Players, stereos, and computers
- Clear desktops, tabletops, bookshelves, tops of dressers and closet floors
- Remove all sheets, blankets and bedspreads from beds
- Vacuum the old carpet before the installers arrive to minimize the airborne dust and particles
During the installation
If you’ve prepared properly, there’s not much you’ll need to do during the actual carpet installation. The Kelly’s Carpet Omaha professional certified installation team will arrive with the knowledge, tools and supplies to lay your new carpet smoothly and efficiently. However, the installation team will need a convenient area to store their electrical tools and access to electrical power outlets, so it helps to know where these are ahead of time.
After the installation
After our installation team has successfully installed new carpet in your Omaha home, it will be yours to enjoy! We guarantee all of our installation workmanship so you can be comfortable knowing you received the very best installation available. Here are some things to be aware of so you know what to expect in the months following installation:
- Unforeseen structural problems found on installation day may change the cost of your invoice. Additional charges will be applied if our team needs to complete any supplementary floor prep that is necessary for a professional installation.
- Depending upon the texture of your carpet, you may notice roll crush marks. Your carpet was rolled tightly at the mill and it has been shipped, stacked, and stored before arriving in your Omaha home. All it needs is some time and a little humidity so that it can relax. This also applies to carpet seams. Initially they could be noticeable, but in time they will relax and blend in. Some carpets may show seams more than others so it will really differ between products.
- You may notice some shedding or sprouting. This is normal and will not affect the carpet’s life or beauty in any way. Shedding is when loose fibers become undone from carpets made with staple yarn. This is pretty common and subsides after a short time with vacuuming. Sprouting is when a single tuft extends beyond the carpet surface, usually along walls or at seams. Simply clip it off to correct the unevenness; do not pull.