CARE & MAINTENANCE
Keep Your Carpet Beautiful Longer
Regular care and maintenance is important for the longevity of your new flooring. Frequent cleaning removes dirt and debris that can leave your carpet looking dull and can wear down your carpet fibers. When spills happen, it is important to act quickly to prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your carpet without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your carpet looking and performing great for many years.
How to clean your carpet
Cleaning a carpet can be done in several ways, depending on the type of carpet and the level of dirt and stains. Here is a general guide on how to clean a carpet:
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly regularly to remove any loose dirt and debris.
- Blot any liquid spills with a clean cloth. Then apply your manufacturer-approved cleaning solution.
- Test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet to ensure that it does not cause discoloration or damage.
- Use mats at entry ways to reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked onto your carpet, which can leave your fibers looking dull.
- Invest in a professional cleaning once a year to restore your carpet's sheen.
It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning your carpet, as some carpets may require specialized cleaning methods or solutions. Additionally, be sure to test any cleaning solution on a small area of the carpet first to avoid damaging the entire carpet.
How to maintain your carpet
Proper maintenance of a carpet can help extend its lifespan and keep it looking clean and fresh. Here are some tips for maintaining your carpet:
- Remove shoes before entering the house to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the carpet.
- Rotate your furniture regularly to prevent heavy wear and tear on specific areas of the carpet.
- Use furniture pads under to avoid indentations or crushing of the carpet fibers.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid snags or pulls on your carpet.
By following these tips, you can help maintain your carpet and keep it looking great for years to come.
Take advantage of our free in-home estimate! Schedule an in-store appointment with our one of our flooring specialists, find the products you love, and we’’ send one of our experts to your home for your free in-home estimate. Fill out the form, and a member of our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible. We proudly serve Omaha, Elkhorn, Papillion, Ralston, Bennington, and Bellevue, NE, and surrounding areas.
Fill out the required fields below:
"*" indicates required fields