Keep Your Laminate Pristine
With the right care your new laminate floors will look and perform like new for many years. Regular care and maintenance is important for the longevity of your flooring. Routine cleaning will keep your laminate looking great by removing dirt and debris that can scratch or damage your floors. Unfortunately, spills are inevitable, but by acting quickly you can prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your laminate without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your new floors looking and performing great for many years.
How to clean your laminate
Cleaning your laminate floors regularly removes dirt and debris that can lead to scratches and damage. Regular cleaning lengthens the life of your floors. Here is a basic guide for cleaning your laminate:
- Sweep or vacuum your floors regularly to remove dirt, dust, and debris. How often you sweep will depend on how much foot-traffic your room receives. If you vacuum your laminate be sure to remove the beater bar.
- Dry or damp mop your floors. Avoid using too much water or allowing it to pool, as excessive moisture can damage laminate flooring.
- Wipe up spills immediately to prevent moisture from seeping into the flooring and causing damage.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage laminate. Consult your manufacturer's guide before using any cleaning products on your floors.
- Place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to protect reduce the amount of dirt tracked through your house and reduce the impact of wear and tear.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning your laminate, as some products may require specialized cleaning methods or solutions.
How to maintain your laminate
Proper maintenance will ensure your laminate flooring remains beautiful for a long time.
- Use furniture pads on the bottom of your furniture to prevent scratches or dents.
- Protect your laminate floors from excessive sunlight, as this can cause them to fade or change color over time. Use window treatments such as blinds or curtains to control the amount of sunlight that enters the room.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid scratches on your laminate floors.
- Control the humidity in your home to prevent laminate from expanding and contracting.
- Prevent water from standing or pooling as it can cause the floors to bow or warp.
Take advantage of our free in-home estimate! Schedule an in-store appointment with our one of our flooring specialists, find the products you love, and we’’ send one of our experts to your home for your free in-home estimate. Fill out the form, and a member of our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible. We proudly serve Omaha, Elkhorn, Papillion, Ralston, Bennington, and Bellevue, NE, and surrounding areas.
Fill out the required fields below:
"*" indicates required fields